The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has reshuffled its top officials and made new appointments.
Managing Director, Mallam Mele Kyari, said the move was part of an ongoing effort to restructure. This is expected to help the corporation achieve its vision of Transparency, Accountability and Performance Excellence(TAPE).
The move is also expected to bring about greater efficiency and profitability.
Top NNPC officials that were reshuffled by the government include:
- Sir Billy Okoye was the former Managing Director of NNPC Downstream Company, NNPC Retail Limited. However, he has been appointed Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division.
- Mrs. Elizabeth Aliyuda was formerly the General Manager, Sales and Marketing, NNPC Retail Limited. Now she will serve as Managing Director, NNPC Retail Limited.
- Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji was the former Chief Operating Officer, Upstream. He has however now been appointed Chief Operating Officer of Ventures & Business Development Directorate.
- Mr. Adokiye Tombomieye was the former Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD). He has now been appointed to the office of Chief Operating Officer, Upstream.
- Mr. Mohammed Abdulkabir Ahmed served as Managing Director of the Nigerian Gas Marketing Company (NGMC). He has now been appointed to the position of Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.
- Mr. Usman Farouk was formerly the Executive Director, Asset Management and Technical Services at the Nigerian Gas Marketing Company (NGMC). He will now serve as its Managing Detector.
Mr. Roland Ewubare, who was the Chief Operating Officer, Ventures and New Business Directorate of the National Oil Company, resigned. Engr. Farouk Garba who was the Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, retired.
President Muhammadu Buhari thanked them both for their service to the country.